[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: complex process definition

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 10:18:40 EDT 2007

regarding the levels of complexity, I was referring to your first post (I was reading that and typing a response when your second one came in.

Thanks for referring to the patterns. It can make the discussion much clearer. Some of these patterns are new (it is a revised and better document). So that is why there is no example of this (yet) and the numbers have changed, so we should do something with that in the testcases.

>From what I read, it is not just a structured loop for what you want. Triggers, cancellations, deferred choice etc.. that is what makes it, like you said in the subject ;-) a complex process. Not to complex, but not straightforward certainly not if there is some kind of nesting.

My remark 'do you need bpm at all' was wrong, I should have said do you want to do ALL of this IN bpm. Sometimes using just java for some parts, an esb for others and bpm at a third level is better (although not always easier to maintain in a combination)

One of the most important question is what triggers the one-of-three transitions. And What if no trigger comes in. The second one is why multiple messages could come in and what should happen then (also with the already triggered flow)? And the answer should not be how you think to model it, just in functional terms

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064005#4064005

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064005