[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem with conversation context.

stef5636 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 15 05:28:38 EDT 2007

Hi all, I can not understand conversation context.
I have two pages, in first I select one vendor and in second I want to edit vendors name. In first page I start long running conversation in SFSB and create the vendor in @Out property, than transfer to second page. But this page can not find the vendor and create new. Also create and new session bean. Why !?
That is source:
first page where I start the conversation:

<h:commandLink value="edit"
         action="#{vendorDetailAction.editSelectedVendor(vendor.idVendor)}">
 </h:commandLink>

StateFull Session Bean is...

@Stateful
@Conversational()
@Name("vendorDetailAction")
@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)
public class VendorDetailAction implements VendorDetailManager, Serializable {

   @PersistenceContext(type = PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED)
   private EntityManager em;

    @In(create=true)
    @Out
    private Vendor vendor;

    @Begin
     public String editSelectedVendor(Long vendorId)
    {
         vendor = em.find(Vendor.class, vendorId);
        return "edit";
    }

    @End
    @Remove @Destroy
    @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW)
    public String detailConfirm() {
        vendor = null;
        return "success";
    }

and second page can not find this outjected vendor.
Hier is created new empty vendor.

<h:inputText value="#{vendor.name}" id="vendorName"                                                                    required="true"/>

also second page can not find and SFSB
and create new SFSB when click on this link

<s:link action="#{questionDetailAction.createNewQuestion(vendor)}"
value="#{msg.new_label}"/>
Where is my mistake?
Sorry for my english... and 10x

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064289#4064289