[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Disabling Dashboards in Portal 2.6A

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 15 15:23:30 EDT 2007

Interested in that too...

*******************
To disable it for the user, the header.jsp is the place where it appears.

You can also change this jsp page (not hack).
Look a the documentation, on how to configure the PageCustomizerInterceptor service to show your jsp.
First level :
 - put your own jsp in this war
 - modify the service description to use this jsp.

What I do to have all this clean is :
 - build a war that manage all the layout stuff (my jsp, layout and theme descriptor)
 - put the jsp of the PageCustomizerInterceptor service in it
 - build a sar that provides a new PageCustomizerInterceptor service descriptor (just the jboss-service.xml)
 - Configure this service to use the jsp in the layout war with :
      <attribute name="TargetContextPath">/_MyPortal_Layout</attribute>

 - shutdown the PageCustomizerInterceptor service provided with jboss portal (comment in the portal jboss-service.xml)
 - deploy those two war and sar

this is usefull for other customization that may come later (logo, css, portlet renderer...).

the layout war grow quickly with custom layout things.

the sar : I call it Portal_Background_Services.sar
And put all the general JMX services in it.
A few other general services may be provided : management of the locale, some config service, menu service, URL factory for nice portal url, etc...
Note : those services are general JMX services (look in jboss AS documentation... or internet search... it is not specific to portal)

To disable the dashboard in the server
And avoid to have thing running for nothing.
I don't know... and would like to do it...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064343#4064343

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064343