[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: very slow bdbje loader implementation (CR3)

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 08:27:36 EDT 2007

"srnm" wrote :
  | Am I correct in thinking that the FQN is really the "key" and that the fanout of actual keys underneath should be kept very small?

Correct.  This will help you achieve maximum concurrency in the cache.

"srnm" wrote :
  | Do the jdbc loaders update a row/single key in a node at a time? If so, how do they support the semantics of the cache?

By using a separate shared lock on the Fqn.  See, for example, line 181 in JDBCCacheLoader

"srnm" wrote :
  | Are there any hints recorded as to how to design a cache structure for optimal performance?

It depends.  Where are your bottlenecks?  Is it in concurrency, replication or cache loading?  :-)  Either way though, use the tree structure fully, don't put too much in each node.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064512#4064512

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064512