[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: deep copy of a process Instance

mee@jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 10:28:50 EDT 2007

Hi Ronald

we implement the installation of software by jbpm on multiple stages.

First the User defines which installation workflows (and subworkflows) he wants to be executed.
According to the selected workflows he has to define the required installation attributes which will be made persistent in the process instance.
Then we execute the workflow on multiple stages (development, Production, ...)
In order that the user does not allways have to fill in similar data, we want  to store and load allready executed ProcessInstances.

Therefore we wanted to deep copy a ProcessInstance, change some simple attributes and execute it again.

But questioning deep copies might be a good idea.

So I as a rookie I see two possibilities:
a) deepcopy of ProcessInstance
	- ProcessInstances of subworkflows should be included
	- copy the variables
	(Cool if JBpm would support this ...)
b) create new ProcessInstances programmaticially
	- copy the variables

In my opinion there is a need to execute an allready executed Workflow again. But without modifying the original Workflow.

Do you have another hint to solve such a requirement?

Thanks,
Andrea

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064580#4064580

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064580