[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - distributed-queue example fails

stwhit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 15:47:45 EDT 2007

I'm running JBoss-4.2.0.GA with JBoss Messaging 1.3.0.GA.  I've installed JBoss Messaging according to the "Clustered Automated Installation" instructions.  I configured to run multiple instances of JBoss on my single machine.  I successfully launch two server instances, and they successfully form a cluster.

When I try to run the distributed-queue example, I get the following output:

anonymous wrote : run:
  |      [java] Distributed queue /queue/testDistributedQueue exists
  |      [java] java.lang.RuntimeException: Assertion failed, 1 == 1
  |      [java]     at org.jboss.example.jms.common.ExampleSupport.assertNotEquals(ExampleSupport.java:82)
  |      [java]     at org.jboss.example.jms.distributedqueue.DistributedQueueExample.example(DistributedQueueExample.java:86)
  |      [java]     at org.jboss.example.jms.common.ExampleSupport.run(ExampleSupport.java:137)
  |      [java]     at org.jboss.example.jms.distributedqueue.DistributedQueueExample.main(DistributedQueueExample.java:186)
  |      [java]
  |      [java] #####################
  |      [java] ###    FAILURE!   ###
  |      [java] #####################

The code that is producing this message is as follows:

// ... so this is a connection to a cluster node
  | connection0 = cf.createConnection();
  |
  | // ... and this is a connection to a different cluster node
  | connection1 = cf.createConnection();
  |
  | // Let's make sure that (this example is also a smoke test)
  | assertNotEquals(getServerID(connection0), getServerID(connection1));

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to troubleshoot this?  I see that the two calls to cf.createConnection() are returning connections to the same cluster node.  But, I don't know what might be causing this.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064709#4064709

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064709