[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Action argument is null when it shouldn't be null

grettke_spdr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 15:52:47 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm running into something here where an argument to an action method is null, when I know that the value is actually not null. Here is the course of events:

A link gets displayed. The name of the link is the account number. When the link is clicked a call is made to a session scoped seam component. The argument is the account number.

  | <s:link id="viewDetail"
  | value="#{dto.accountNumber}"  action="#{accountMaintenanceAction.selectAccount(dto.accountNumber)}"/>

That link gets rendered as

  | 1024768

And when I click it the action gets run. After that the page is redirected to another page where we get the details for that account.

  | <page view-id="/inspectionSearch.xhtml">
  |         <navigation from-action="#{accountMaintenanceAction.selectAccount(dto.accountNumber)}">
  |             <redirect view-id="/accountMaintenance.xhtml"/>
  |         </navigation>
  |     </page>

The problem is that the argument that gets passed in to that method is null!

What am I doing wrong here?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064712#4064712

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064712