[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - web.xml modified to web.xml.org - Subsequent runs fail

PatrickMadden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 18:39:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

On July 7, we download the SVN version of JBossWS 2.0.0.0.GA and also JBoss-4.2.1.GA version of application server. I also believe this problem occurred with JBossWS 1.2.1GA and JBoss-4.2.0.GA of the application server.

We could deploy our exploded EAR file the first time and our web services would run just fine. However, the second time we ran the application server we would get errors saying failed to find endpoint for service etc. Finally we figured out that our web.xml in the WEB-INF directory was being overwritten and a copy was placed to web.xml.org.

The original web.xml contains something like this:

  |     <servlet>
  |     	<servlet-name>DBService</servlet-name>
  |     	<servlet-class>com.clooster.web.services.db.EJB3RemoteDBServiceBean</servlet-class>
  |     </servlet>
  |
  |     <servlet-mapping>
  |     	<servlet-name>DBService</servlet-name>
  |     	<url-pattern>/common/services/DBService</url-pattern>
  |     </servlet-mapping>

At runtime this is modified to be:

  |   <servlet>
  |     <servlet-name>DBService</servlet-name>
  |     <servlet-class>org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.ServiceEndpointServlet</servlet-class>
  |     <init-param>
  |       <param-name>jboss.ws.endpoint</param-name>
  |       <param-value>com.clooster.web.services.db.EJB3RemoteDBServiceBean</param-value>
  |     </init-param>
  |   </servlet>
  |   <servlet-mapping>
  |     <servlet-name>DBService</servlet-name>
  |     <url-pattern>/common/services/DBService</url-pattern>
  |   </servlet-mapping>

I'm thinking the correct behaviour would be that this web.xml.org gets copied back to web.xml on shutdown of application server. Is this correct because if so its not happening - we have verified this on like 5 windows machines.

We have now modified our run.bat to check for existence of web.xml.org and if it exists copy it to web.xml. Once we do this our web services seem to always deploy correctly.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks in advance,

PVM

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065198#4065198