[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Overflow berfore OutOfMemory

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 19:45:37 EDT 2007

Don't take this answer as meaning anything beyond what I literally say, (particularly re: any particular approach) as I'm posting quickly and am not going to be careful about wording. :)

Thinking about separating concerns and designing to make it easy to do that is a good thing IMHO.

E.g. eviction now involves

1) cache providing information about cache events that can be used to make decisions.
2) deciding if I need to evict
3) deciding what to evict
4) mechanics of evicting
5) a background thread spawned by the cache to handle 2-4.

To the extent the current eviction subsystem makes it difficult to use those features a la carte, it would be good in theory to make it easier.  For the EJB3 SFSB caching case I could foresee only wanting JBC support for 1,2,3.  There's already a slightly custom implementation of 4, implemented in a not very clean way. I'd also somewhat like to get rid of #5 and have the EJB container use its own thread.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065217#4065217

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065217