[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: No application context active

PatrickMadden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 18 15:05:16 EDT 2007

I'm not exactly sure if this will help but I noticed problems when I tried to do certain things to early in the component initialization phase. For example my session contexts would be null. My trick is not to do things that access contexts until the create method is called for my Seam components. For example, you can't do things in the constructor of the object. Use the @Create annotation and then try your initialization. Something like this:

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("search")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class SearchBean implements Search {
  |     /**
  |      * This method is called after this component has been successfully
  |      * instantiated by the Seam framework
  |      */
  |     @Create
  |     public void create()