[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Can the EJBs be on a remote server ?

femski1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 18 20:17:27 EDT 2007

Hi Folks !

I am reading up on Seam and all the discussion and examples are built around EJB server colocated with the Servlet/JSF container with heavy use of dependency injection to get refernces to local EJB server.  It appears there is no standarized way to do dependency injection of remote references. Is this why we don't see remote EJB servers in Seam ?

I would like to move EJB tier to a remote server located behind a firewall away from Tomcat container on the web server. I thought this was pretty standard configuration for 3-tier applications. Don't want to embed EJBs inside Tomcat and more importantly do not we want allow database access (through JPA) from the servlet/JSF (web) tier.

Is there a simple way to deploy EJB tier on a remote server and if so how would Seam resolve references to them ? Can you define remote references in the web.xml ? Any examples, samples would be much appreciated.

thanks,

-Sanjay

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065611#4065611

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065611