[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - What to do if JBoss keeps going out to lunch?

jwiegley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 18 22:27:09 EDT 2007

Hello, I'm running a webapp on JBoss 4.0.5GA.  It runs fine most of the time.

However -- and this happens almost every day -- there comes a moment when JBoss seems to go "out to lunch".  Once this happens, the following is all I ever see when trying to use my webapp:

java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: Could not activate; failed to restore state
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractInstanceCache.get(AbstractInstanceCache.java:134)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:236)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterce...

This of course gives the impression of extreme instability, since the only way I've found to fix this is to undeploy everything and restart JBoss.

How do I counteract this?  Why is it happening?  I need 100% uptime, and I'm not even really doing anything serious once this starts happening.

Any ideas appreciated,
  John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065628#4065628

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065628