[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - isDebugEnabled is deprecated, why?

Cy23 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 06:30:22 EDT 2007

Hi there,

i switched from Log4J to JBoss Log4J and figured out, that isDebugEnabled is deprecated. I am using AS 4.0.4

My Code:

  | if(log.isDebugEnabled()) {
  |     log.debug("Session invalid.");
  | }

why is this? I find this method quite usefull. It seems i can have this function with:

  | if(log.getLoggerPlugin().isDebugEnabled()) {
  |                     log.debug("Constructed in=" + in);
  |  }

Is this the way to go or what are the reasons to have this deprecated?

Thanks,
Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065713#4065713

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065713