[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - custom log4j configuration inside ear

michele.curioni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 10:25:31 EDT 2007

I'm using JBoss 4.0.2 and 4.2.0
I wrote a Log4J Filter that I need to add to a Log4J appender.
The Filter class is packaged inside a ear file.

If I update the default jboss-log4j.xml in server/default/conf the Filter class is not visible.

If I add a new log4j.xml and log4j.jar inside the ear file I could not find any way to tell JBoss to use that instead of the default one.

Log4j.jar is still only loaded from server/default/lib and not from the ear.

I tried to follow all the instructions in the wiki and forums, but classloading isolation does not seem to work.

My ear file is made of ejbs and utilities jar. No webapps.

Is this a known problem in those versions of JBoss?

Thanks,
Michele

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065820#4065820

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065820