[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Evaluation of action attibute in s:link

wise_guybg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 01:49:02 EDT 2007

Hi again,

It's strange to me that no one has submitted even a suggestion to help my problem.

I have performed another search on the internet. The problem still stays. Even found this other thread on the forum from January:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056220

Dustin says for the "Parameterized Method Bindings" (as specified here: http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.0.0.B1/reference/en/html/elenhancements.html)

that
anonymous wrote : you can't use the method params within a 'repeat'

Gavin's response:
anonymous wrote : What do you mean? The booking example does this.
tells me that he didn't see the problem in the given example. This being that the 'item' parameter comes from var="item" (i.e. is not a component name) and cannot be evaluated when the action is executed. It must be evaluated when the page is processed at first.

I know that Deved doesn't have the right to pass 'item' to it's method (from the ref: "You can not pass objects as arguments!") but for my case I don't see a problem to have my string evaluated. As the reference says:
anonymous wrote : You may however pass literal strings using single or double quotes

Is it possible to make ${} be evaluated in "Parameterized Method Bindings"?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066035#4066035

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066035