[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Forcing CDATA tags to be output sometimes on some tags from

roger_pearse do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 03:39:53 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm porting a web service to JBossWs and I've run into a backward compatibility issue.

In the soap request, there is an optional tag to say "we want CDATA tags around the output fields in the response".  So in the XML that appears back in the client it might be

<mytag>textualstuffwithembeddedwhoknowswhat</mytag>
or

<mytag><![CDATA[textualstuffwithembeddedwhoknowswhat]]></mytag>

I can't work out how to force the CDATA's to appear.  If I add them to the value of the field, they get turned into this:

<mytag><![CDATA[textualstuffwithembeddedwhoknowswhat]]></mytag>

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Many thanks indeed!

Roger Pearse

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066050#4066050