[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Evaluation of action attibute in s:link

wise_guybg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 09:23:28 EDT 2007

Hi Zerg,

No, you cannot have embedded el like this:
action="#{localeSelector.selectLanguage(#{locale.value})}

As I have noted the generated href is:
anonymous wrote : http://localhost:8080/AuthWebApp/noauth/login.seam?cid=1&actionMethod=noauth%2Flogin.xhtml%3AlocaleSelector.selectLanguage%28%27%24%7Blocale.value%7D%27%29

The quotes are there. If I remove them from the code they are simply not generated. This is not the problem as there is no way an expression inside the MethodBinding to be evaluated.

Of course I tried what you have suggested and several other options. My guess with 'immediate' evaluation using ${} is also not correct.

I guess the solutions are two:
- create a custom facelet component
- pass a request param to change the language

I think Facelet's repeat just can't work with MethodBinding with simple EL.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066187#4066187

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066187