[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Task assignment

jgreiner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 10:05:31 EDT 2007

Well here is how I handle it in my app.  Certainly not a fool proof solution, but should get you pretty close.

When a process enters a task node, I have a swimlane setup with an assignment handler.   That assignment handler queries the database and selects a group of users that could work this task and does a group assignment to the task.

Then the user sits at their workstation and sees a lists of tasks that they could work...

jbpmContext.getGroupTaskList("tasomeone");

They would then click on a task to work.   When they do I assign the task to them and open the form that they will use to complete the task.  I hoping they will live the 1min (and much longer in most cases) it takes to complete the task .

taskInstance.start(actorId);

Assuming they live long enough to complete the task everything should be fine.   Now I understand that like myself through years of drinking, smoking and other activities that I will not mention to keep it PG-13, the users may not be a picture of health.   In that case you can call this method on the taskInstance to reassign the user.

taskInstance.setActorId("newuser", true);

However finding the correct taskInstance is a issue that I am looking into at the moment.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but wanted to give you the full picture of what I was talking about so you can decide how far you wanted to take it.   I need to do re-assignments as well because sometimes I will only have 1 actor in a group.....:(   Just found that out....

Hope this helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066206#4066206

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066206