[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Configuring retry behaviour for an MDB

ojacobson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 21 06:15:49 EDT 2007

I've solved this myself; my solution is documented below.

1.  For unlimited re-attempts at delivering the message, I used the ActivationConfigProperty annotations to set the "useDLQ" property of the MDB activation to "false".

2.  For delayed re-attempts, configure the queue as an MBean explicity with RedeliveryDelay set to the number of milliseconds (minimum) between successive delivery attempts at the same message. This is a PER-MESSAGE delay; four messages being redelivered will cause delivery attempts to arrive 4x as fast.  This was acceptable for my use case.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066391#4066391

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066391