[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - deletion of few elements in one to many collection.

jdijkmeijer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 22 09:45:08 EDT 2007

Hi I'm trying to remove a few child elements from a onetomany relationship.
like :
  | for (Role r : presentRolesToRemove.keySet()) {
  | 	focusSubject.getActors().remove(presentRolesToRemove.get(r));
  | }

(presentRolesToRemove being a Map<Role,Actor>)
But doing a  em.merge(focusSubject);  does not remove the childs from the database. Should I do a  em.delete(presentRolesToRemove.get(r)); explicitely within the for-loop?
Or is there annotation to circumvent this manual deletion?

Thanks in advance.
jeroen.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066472#4066472

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066472