[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - "h:selectOneMenu" with Ajax4JSF passing selection to backing

raviies do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 22 21:47:04 EDT 2007

I'm a JSF, Seam newbie; Excuse me if this is not the right forum

I have a form with a dropdown; I want to pass my selection on the "fly" to the backing bean by using Ajax4JSF;

Unfortunately I'm not able to able to pass on the "fly"; However form submit seems to work

Here's my code snippet:

  | <f:view>
  | <s:validateAll>
  | <h:form>
  | <h:panelGrid columns="2">
  |
  | 	SRB DataTransferScheme *
  | 	<h:selectOneMenu id="dataTransferCombobox" value="#{loginBean.dataTransferScheme}"
  | 		<a4j:support event="onchange" action="#{loginBean.setAuthFields(loginBean.dataTransferScheme)}"
  | 		ajaxSingle="true" immediate="true"/>
  | 	</h:selectOneMenu>
  | </h:panelGrid>
  |
  | <h:commandButton value="Login" action="#{login.login}"/>
  | </s:validateAll>
  | </h:form>
  |
  | //LoginBean.java: [the Backing bean]
  |
  | public void setAuthFields(String dataTransferScheme)
  | {
  |         System.out.println("dataTransferScheme : "+dataTransferScheme);
  | }

I appreciate any suggestions, feedback

TIA
Ravi