[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Non persistent JMS Message

aaubry do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 06:42:45 EDT 2007

"timfox" wrote : If you send a message as non persistent (DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT) then it won't get persisted.

  | If you don't control over this, them there's not much you can do currently.
  |
  | There is a task scheduled for this for JBM2.0 http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-381

Thanks a lot Tim for your quick answer.
Though, if I compare commercial product to jBoss messaging, the behavior is quite different. In a commercial product that I won't quote here, it's quite easy to configure a queue or a topic with no datasource associated to it (storing enable=true or false).

The thing I do not understand is that Jboss must have a datasource for all JMS stuff even though a persistant messaging system is not needed, because I know that if things goes wrong (server crash, ...), it's not business critical.

Many thank Tim for your feedback.
Alexandre

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066593#4066593

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066593