[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Giving Admin Priviledges to another Role

roth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 07:35:58 EDT 2007

Hi

I am trying something supposedly simple. I want to give Admin priviledges to the 'User' role, in preparation for a later switch to ldap. I am using JBoss 4.2.1 on Windows XP with the portal svn trunk.

What I did so far:

For the admin portal in In jboss-portal.sar\conf\data\default-object.xml, add

  |          <security-constraint>
  |             <policy-permission>
  |                <action-name>viewrecursive</action-name>
  |                <role-name>User</role-name>
  |             </policy-permission>
  |          </security-constraint>

After I cleaned out the portal database, this had the effect that the little admin link appears when logged in as 'User' (who belongs to the 'User' group).

So far, so good. Now I would like to give access to the User and Role portlets.

In jboss-portal.sar\portal-core.war\WEB-INF\portlet-instances.xml, I added

  |          <security-constraint>
  |             <policy-permission>
  |                <role-name>User</role-name>
  |                <action-name>view</action-name>
  |             </policy-permission>
  |          </security-constraint>

twice, once for the USerPortletInstance, and once for the RolePortletInstance. I cleared out the database again, but this had no effect. Both the 'Role Management' and 'User Portlet' windows appear, but without any content.

I don't find anything suspicious in the logfile. What am I missing?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066610#4066610

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066610