[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: JCA Datasource parameter doubts

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 08:17:01 EDT 2007

"xaleyba" wrote :
  | Hi
  |
  | I've developed a JCA RA and need to pass some parameters to it.
  |
  | So I ask: It's possible to get parameters inside my JCA from the datasource file ? I mean, data added to the mydatasourse-ds.xml.

Yes. If by JCA you mean your ManagedConnectionFactory javabean properties.

anonymous wrote :
  | Also, inside the mydatasourse-ds.xml file I receive the number referred to the max connection pool size. Could I get such parameter from inside my JCA ?

No. The pooling parameters are used to configure the ... wait for it ... pool. :-)

anonymous wrote :
  | By last, I wonder wich is the expected way of pool to work. If I define a min of 10 connection and max of 30, when JBoss starts, it will use my JCA to create 10 connections ?

No, unless you configure it to "prefill".

If you want better answers then ask better questions, or better yet
try reading the docs before asking questions already answered there.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066621#4066621

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066621