[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Multiple row selection

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 09:55:09 EDT 2007

Hey,

I have created a CRUD actions for a specific entity via Seam-Gen which seems to be nice and clean using EntityHome/EntityQuery,

I would like to add to the generated list another column that has a boolean jsf tag in order to support multiple row selection,

I thought about adding a map to the EntityQuery seam component such as:

  | Map<MyEntity, Boolean> rowSelection;

and in my facelets code (per row):

  | datatable...
  | <column>
  | <h:selectBooleanCheckbox value="#{myEntityList.rowSelection[myVarOfDataTable]}" />
  | </column>

I was wondering if there's a better way to pass the selected rows to an java action since this way is a little bit annoying due to the fact that -all- rows are passed but only the selected entities are equal to true,
so iteration + if conditions is required, etc...

Thanks,

Asaf.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066663#4066663

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066663