[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Config for EJB3 over servlet-invoker with compression

MarcReis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 12:59:40 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have tried different configs and watched the amount of Data transfered.
I did it with CompressionMarshaller, Tomcat Connectors compress=force and none.

I configured the compressionMarschaller for ejb3 in the /deploy/ejb3.deployer/META-INF/ jboss-service.xml like this:
<mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3">
  |           <depends>jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer</depends>
  |     <attribute name="Configuration">
  |            <config>
  |                 <invoker transport="servlet">
  |                         <attribute name="serverBindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
  |                         <attribute name="serverBindPort">8080</attribute>
  |                         <attribute name="path">servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServlet</attribute>
  |                  </invoker>
  |                 <handlers>
  |                     <handler subsystem="AOP">org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler</handler>
  |                  </handlers>
  |                 <attribute name="dataType" isParam="true">serializable
  |                  </attribute>
  |                 <attribute name="marshaller" isParam="true">org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingMarshaller
  |                  </attribute>
  |                 <attribute name="unmarshaller" isParam="true">org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingUnMarshaller
  |                  </attribute>
  |           </config>
  |          </attribute>
  |          </mbean>

The results are not very representative since they are rather small, but none the less:

  | Config	               Receive KB   Sent KB
  | CompressionMarshaller	  497,28	69,81
  | Http and CompMarshaller	  485,31        69,81
  | Http	                  483,33	58,11
  | none                      494,28	58,11

I would plain the gap to the overhead in compression here, but as said, I dont get (see) any "gziped" Data on the wire when using the compressionMarshaller.
Sincerely
Marc

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066732#4066732

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066732