[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - How to completely undeploy an EJB?

alexandrem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 20:27:32 EDT 2007

Hi.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I'm feeling my EJB is being left deployed after I undeploy it. My scenario is an EJB using MBean timers... the normal behavior would be when the timer expires, I do stuff and re-set the timer. Like this:

-> Set Timer [#1]
  | -> Timer #1 Expires
  | -> Set Timer [#2]
  | -> Timer #2 Expires
  | -> Set Timer [#3]
  | -> Timer #3 Expires
  | -> Set Timer [#4]
  | -> Timer #4 Expires
  | -> ...

What's happening is that when I undeploy and redeploy the EJB I get timers growing up. Something like:

-> Set Timer [#1]
  | -> Timer #1 Expires
  | -> Set Timer [#2] && Set Timer [#3]
  | -> Timer #2 Expires && Timer #3 Expires
  | -> Set Timer [#4]  && Set Timer [#5]  && Set Timer [#6]  && Set Timer [#7]
  | -> ...

Looks like there are 2 (or how many times I do a undeploy/deploy) EJBs getting the timer expired notification (by the logs I've been able to see that it does indeed...).

I've also verified and the EJB jars and the exploded *-contents folders remain in server\all\tmp\deploy\...

The way I'm undeploying the EJBs is by deleting the EJB jar from the server\all\deploy folder. Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks for your help!

Alexandre Mendonça

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066860#4066860

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066860