[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Giving Admin Priviledges to another Role

roth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 01:33:09 EDT 2007

Hi Thomas

"thomas.heute at jboss.com" wrote : If you want them to be admin why don't you add them the admin role ?

Because I later want to integrate the portal with my existing ldap. Instead of adding a new role for every system I attach to my ldap ('admin' for the portal, 'root' for system x, 'administrator' for system y), I want to use already existing roles.

"thomas.heute at jboss.com" wrote : But you can map this role to any of your business role (see the spec and Java security in general)

That was what I was trying to do. Do the examples I posted look sensible? Or did I approach this in all wrongly? The above is what looks right to me, but I don't know much about java security. I did read the reference guide about that topic though, that's how I came up with the above.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066885#4066885

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066885