[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: JBPM - concurrent process execution fails

efip10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 03:18:07 EDT 2007

Ed,

I am not sure that you have a point here, as JTA can only guarantee the fact, not the order. I.e. it is either (the rows are saved && JMS message is sent) or (the rows are ! saved && JMS message is ! sent). However, JTA cannot guarantee the order (first the rows are saved, then the message is sent, or any other order).

If it wasn't like this, one would be able to come up with a scenario - let's say, save row, send message, save second row, send second message. Anyone who would base on the fact that the second row *is not* in the db yet when the first message has arrived, would find himself in a race condition.

I ain't no pro either, and I'd be happy to be wrong here.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066903#4066903

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066903