[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: trying to access a webservice - not working from either

rodgerca do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 04:47:59 EDT 2007

Thanks for that - when I get up to speed I will treat newbies as well as you have treated me.

The link you gave me tells me to add the following files to my JBOSS_HOME/lib directory.

jboss-jaxrpc.jar
jboss-saaj.jar
jaxb-api.jar
jaxws-api.jar

I did that, but unfortunately I got the same error.  I then decided to revert to JDK5 and the whole thing worked fine last night (was using demo code that I downloaded from a website)

Came into work early this morning, really happy that I was going get round to writing the address lookup web service that was due in last Friday.
But I am getting a bunch of errors again.  I think it is because the return type on my web service is a complex type;-

Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.ws.WSException: Cannot obtain java type mapping for: {http://session.address.cmmgroup.com/}getAddressByPostCode
	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCMetaDataBuilder.processDocElement(JAXRPCMetaDataBuilder.java:627)
	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCMetaDataBuilder.buildParameterMetaDataDoc(JAXRPCMetaDataBuilder.java:886)
	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCMetaDataBuilder.setupOperationsFromWSDL(JAXRPCMetaDataBuilder.java:214)
	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.buildMetaDataInternal(JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.java:217)
	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.buildMetaData(JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.java:134)
	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.buildMetaData(JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.java:86)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.ServiceImpl.(ServiceImpl.java:111)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.ServiceFactoryImpl.createService(ServiceFactoryImpl.java:157)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.ServiceFactoryImpl.createService(ServiceFactoryImpl.java:128)
	at com.cmmgroup.address.client.RunAddressAsWebService.main(RunAddressAsWebService.java:27)

I'm not clear from the other forums if there is a resolution to this as I am already using the latest version of JBossWs.

My mood has changed from one of despair to hysteria....I am both laughing and crying at regular intervals.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066915#4066915

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066915