[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam 2.0 Connection timed out

blackers do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 21:33:54 EDT 2007

When I run my jboss (4.2) from behind a proxy server I am getting a connection timed out error. It works fine, but slowly when I am running it with a direct connection to the internet.  I am assuming Seam is looking for the xsi schema document from http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance

since the pages-2.0.xsd is included in the jboss-seam.jar file.

My pages.xml looks as follows. (Generated by SeamGen)

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <pages xmlns="http://jboss.com/products/seam/pages"
  |        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |        xsi:schemaLocation="http://jboss.com/products/seam/pages http://jboss.com/products/seam/pages-2.0.xsd"
  |
  |        no-conversation-view-id="/home.xhtml"
  |        login-view-id="/login.xhtml">
  |
  |     <page view-id="*">
  |         <navigation>
  |             <rule if-outcome="home">
  |                 <redirect view-id="/home.xhtml"/>
  |             </rule>
  |         </navigation>
  |     </page>
  |
  |     <exception class="org.jboss.seam.framework.EntityNotFoundException">
  |         <redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">
  |             <message>Not found</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>
  |
  |     <exception class="javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException">
  |         <redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">
  |             <message>Not found</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>
  |
  |     <exception class="javax.persistence.OptimisticLockException">
  |         <end-conversation/>
  |         <redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">
  |             <message>Another user changed the same data, please try again</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>
  |
  |     <exception class="org.jboss.seam.security.AuthorizationException">
  |         <redirect>
  |             <message>You don't have permission to do this</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>
  |
  |     <exception class="org.jboss.seam.security.NotLoggedInException">
  |         <redirect view-id="/login.xhtml">
  |             <message>Please log in first</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>
  |
  |     <exception>
  |         <redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">
  |             <message>Unexpected error, please try again</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>
  |
  | </pages>

The error I get is as follows.

  | java.lang.RuntimeException: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Connection timed out: connect Nested exception: Connection timed out: connect
  |         at org.jboss.seam.navigation.Pages.getDocumentRoot(Pages.java:943)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.navigation.Pages.parse(Pages.java:929)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.navigation.Pages.createPage(Pages.java:182)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.navigation.Pages.getPage(Pages.java:157)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.navigation.Pages.createPageStack(Pages.java:239)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.navigation.Pages.getPageStack(Pages.java:218)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.navigation.Pages.getScheme(Pages.java:515)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.navigation.Pages.encodeScheme(Pages.java:413)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.ui.util.ViewUrlBuilder.<init>(ViewUrlBuilder.java:24)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.ui.component.UISeamCommandBase.getUrl(UISeamCommandBase.java:36)

Is there a way I can get this to work from behind a proxy?  Is this the expected behaviour?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067252#4067252

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067252