[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Any way to debug why Seam isn't registering a component?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 00:04:01 EDT 2007

I'm using 1.2.1.  I'm having a devil of a time with it, so I'm not even going to try to use pre-release stuff right now.

There is definitely a components.xml in META-INF and Seam is scanning it.  I setup a component like this:

  |     <factory name="remoteAddr"  auto-create="true"
  |         value="#{facesContext.externalContext.request.remoteAddr}" />

and then I can use ${remoteAddr} to see my browser IP address.  So certainly the components.xml file is working.

But what's weird is a) it's not creating the entityManager and b) it's not registering any of my other Seam components.

Any ideas?  I've spent about two days on this.  When it works, Seam is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  When there is a configuration problem, Seam is a nightmare.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067270#4067270

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067270