[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext throwing java.lang.NoSuchFi

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 00:39:23 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I am using JBoss 4.2.1GA. When I tried to perform a Context.lookup(), I ran into a java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRACE exception in the following line:

org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext:622
  |          boolean trace = log.isTraceEnabled();

where log is of type org.jboss.logging.Logger.class.

I think it's my client using the wrong jar file. I can see that there are several Logger in the following jar files:

jboss-common-client.jar
jbossall-client.jar
jboss-common.jar
jboss-ejb3-all.jar