[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Messaging / Spring JMS compatibility?

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 02:34:45 EDT 2007

"aaubry" wrote :

  | I do think that this more a Spring issue due to the fact that Spring is not reusing connection to optimize the number of concurrent TCP/IP connection but, if someone did have the same issue and found a workaround, I would be very please to read it.
  |
  | Fyi, I wrote a simple JMS client, with no Spring JMS usage and everything and I do not have this issue.

I remember some time ago other users having problems with Spring and JMS.

I can't remember the exact details but when we looked at the Spring code we could see it was doing something stupid like opening a new connection, sesssion and producer every time a message was sent (!). I.e. an anti-pattern.

This scared me at the time, that my advice was to move away from Spring if it's going to do crazy things like that.

I don't know if they have fixed it since then, but it sounds like they haven't.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067305#4067305

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067305