[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JMS Example?

HibsMax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 09:12:11 EDT 2007

Thanks, Tim.

I agree it's straightforward and common but I don't seem to be able to get it to work for some reason.  When I have my servlets, destinations and MDB deployed in the same cluster and use:

I can access my destinations just fine.

(note: all the examples in the JBoss Messaging 1.3 doc use the same method of creating an InitialContext as shown above, none specify a URL belonging to a remote machine).

When I move the servlet to cluster1 and the destinations / MDB to cluster2, it stops working.  I tried creating the InitialContext with a PROVIDER_URL that pointed Cluster2 i.e.

Properties h = new Properties();
h.put( Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://cluster2:1099" );
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(h);

but this didn't work.

The application works if everything is deployed to a single JBoss server or to a single JBoss cluster but I can't get cluster to cluster working.  That's the example I am looking for.

Peace, Anders

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067389#4067389

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067389