[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Evaluation of action attibute in s:link

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 15:24:45 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : #{sel.label} -> can be evaluated

No it can not!  How the hell is an arbitrary page variable going to be available when the method expression is evaluated on the faces request?? It's a whole different request!

Now, Seam is actually pretty cool, and *if* "sel" is a variable that iterates a DataModel that exists in PAGE or CONVERSATION scope and is the value of a UIData, then Seam *can* evaluate #{sel.label} on the postback.

So, like I said above, you can solve your problem simply by sticking the stuff you are iterating in a page or conversation scope datamodel. (Like I said above.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067572#4067572

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067572