[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Evaluation of action attibute in s:link

wise_guybg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 15:42:04 EDT 2007

Hi, Gavin, thanks for the response. I should have taken in account the time zone difference long ago and write my posts only at night so that someone can see them in the US at a normal time.

I think you're not talking in the same scope as I do so there is a little misunderstanding.

#{sel.label} - can be evaluted because this is all happening inside ui:repeat and sel is an item from the collection returned by localeSelector.supportedLocales Please refer to initial post if something is left out uncommented. I cannot repost the hole thread here.

action="#{localeSelector.selectLanguage(sel.value)}"
I do not want sel.value evaluated on post back. But this is what Seam does with a MethodBinding. I want sel.value to be evaluated in the first request so that on postback Seam will have to evaluated the valid code:
action="#{localeSelector.selectLanguage('de')}"  //for example

PS I can be wrong in not spending enough time on the manuals. You can be wrong on not spending enough time on my question.

I have written my question for the 5th time probably. I'll get bored too, eventually :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067576#4067576

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067576