[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - PortletBridge woes

cdelashmutt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 23:47:37 EDT 2007

Is anyone out there successfully using PortletBridge (www.portletbridge.org) with JBoss Portal?

I know this is the JBoss Portal forum, but I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck with it.  I've spent the better part of today trying to use it, and although XSLT seems to be the right way to go to transform a page into portlet friendly content, it is a pain to get working properly.

For instance, it seems like the default XSL that the PortletBridge uses is mostly ignoring it's templates because of the "Identity" template at the bottom of the file:
  |    <xsl:template match="@*|*">
  |       <xsl:copy>
  |          <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/>
  |       </xsl:copy>
  |    </xsl:template>

I didn't want to copy the _entire_ xsl here, but you can view it at http://portletbridge.cvs.sourceforge.net/portletbridge/portletbridge-portlet/src/xsl/org/portletbridge/xsl/portletbridge.xsl?revision=1.12&view=markup

If I test out the default stylesheet conversion in oXygen with a page I'm trying to transform, that stylesheet seems to do nothing more that copy everything from the source document with no modification.  It's not re-writing URLs, or doing anything.  Is the default stylesheet broken that anyone is aware of?  Anyone on the team ever tried using PortletBridge?[/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067669#4067669

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067669