[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Tomcat 5.5 - Jbpm 3.2 - Starting failed <<couldn't get a

dleerob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 09:40:18 EDT 2007

I followed the steps on the JbpmOnTomcat wiki, however there is one step that I think you left out. It had me going for a short while, till I figured it out.

By the way, I am using Tomcat 5.0.28, and MySQL 5.0.27.

When I finished doing everything on the Wiki, I started up tomcat, and got an error that the JbpmDS datasource was not found/bound to that context.

In the end, I had to change the hibernate.connection.datasource property in the hibernate.cfg.xml file to:

  | <property name="hibernate.connection.datasource">java:comp/env/jdbc/JbpmDS</property>

Then in tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\jbpm-console.xml, I added the following:

  | <Resource name="jdbc/JbpmDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  |     <ResourceParams name="jdbc/JbpmDS">
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>factory</name>
  |             <value>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>maxActive</name>
  |             <value>100</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>maxIdle</name>
  |             <value>30</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>maxWait</name>
  |             <value>10000</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>username</name>
  |             <value>jbossjbpm</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>password</name>
  |             <value>jbossjbpm</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>driverClassName</name>
  |             <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>defaultAutoCommit</name>
  |             <value>true</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>url</name>
  |             <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost/jbpm32?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>removeAbandoned</name>
  |             <value>true</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
  |             <value>60</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <name>logAbandoned</name>
  |             <value>true</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |     </ResourceParams>

After doing that, the jbpm-console worked.
There was no mention of creating this datasource in the Wiki. Did I miss something? Why was it different for me?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067811#4067811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067811