[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Stale state problem kills process instance?

msandoz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 17:32:14 EDT 2007

I've set up JBPM with the web console and a datasource pointing to a postgres installation.

Everything works fine and I can execute flows except for instances like this one which specifically does not work for me:

  | Start->Fork
  |         |  \
  |       Node1 Node2
  |          \    /
  |           Join
  |           End

Nodes 1 and 2 (this is the simplest case i could come up with though i have others that are more complex) are completely unconfigured, meaning no events, action or exception handlers on them. and nothing is set to asynchronous.

heres the error i get in the web console:

Error starting process: An exception of type "org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException" was thrown.  The message is: Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.graph.exe.Token#5672]

I tried wiping out the rest of the processes in the database, tried every transaction isolation level in the datasource, restarting the app server etc. this is BTW running on 4.0.5GA and the latest JBPM from cvs.

I added considerably to the logging and still can not see the stack trace of an exception anywhere in the log. When this happens it does not create an instance of the process - or if it does it rolls it back. without a stack trace its hard to figure out whats going on...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068024#4068024

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068024