[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: s:fileUpload woes

rubentrancoso do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 19:15:28 EDT 2007

i found this

http://shrubbery.mynetgear.net/wiki/Facelets_'loadImplicit'_error

One annoying thing about using Facelets with SEAM/EJB3/JBoss is that there are some strange 'ERROR' log messages that happen when the first page is hit. They look something like this:

07:38:26,843 ERROR \[STDERR\] Nov 29, 2006 7:38:26 AM com.sun.facelets.compiler.TagLibraryConfig loadImplicit
INFO: Added Library from: jar:file:/C:/java/jboss-4.0.5.GA-ejb3/server/default/./tmp/deploy/tmp64384starter1.ear-contents/webapp-exp.war/WEB-INF/lib/jsf-facelets.jar!/META-INF/jsf-ui.taglib.xml
So, I've finally figured out what this means. Basically, the Facelets compiler is emitting the message to System.err, which JBoss's Log4J setup interprets as an error level log message. I think that's a reasonable assumption to make with Log4J.

If java.util.logging were a pet dog I'd say: Bad logging! Bad! Nnno!

The folks at Sun should know better than to write to System.err, especially if the message is not an error. Perhaps the JDK logging can be tweaked to make this work better, but still... highly annoying.

[edit] Solution #1
Ignore the messages. They are only errors because ConsoleHandler writes log messages to System.err (dodgy) and the JBoss logging framework interprets them as errors, redirecting the messages as ERROR level (understandable).

[edit] Solution #2
Use a different logging handler by using a different java.util.logging (a.k.a. JULI) configuration.

[edit] Solution #3
Experimental - Use a ContextListener to reconfigure JULI to send logging messages to Log4J.  :)

Retrieved from "http://shrubbery.mynetgear.net/wiki/Facelets_%27loadImplicit%27_error"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068046#4068046

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068046