[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Sequential processing of messages with the same Key

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 11:09:04 EDT 2007

"mzeijen" wrote :
  | Doesn't your solution also mean that a subscription can only have one thread to make sure that it processes all the messages sequentially? Because that would indeed be the solution.

That's what I said above in the "before you ask" post about MDB singletons.

Let's say you have 26 durable topic subscriptions one for A, B, C, D, etc.
Then you create 26 MDBs to process those messages (single threadedly for each).

In a cluster you put the MDB in deploy-hasingleton or use some other
mechanism to distribute them across the cluster but making sure the MDB
for clients beginning with "A" only starts on one node.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068254#4068254

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068254