[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Messages are moved to expiry queue only when there is a cons

hendra_netm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 11:56:55 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I am trying the scenario where one MessageProducer send many messages to a queue and set time to live for each message 5 seconds.

The expiry queue is set, and I expect after 5 seconds, all messages will be expired and moved to the expiry queue.
This is happened, only if there is a MessageConsumer registered in the queue. Otherwise, the message will not expire until another consumer is set up for the queue.

is this a bug or the intended behaviour? I didn't find any documentation about this one, either on JBM documentation or JMS specification.

If this is intended behaviour, I will always put a dummy consumer as the solution of my problem ;)

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Hendra

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068277#4068277