[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Breaking Pages.xml into multiple files

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 13:32:59 EDT 2007

Yeah, this is something I'm interested in.

I know you can have a per-page xml file, but one problem is that there is still some shared stuff that must go in pages.xml like the  elements that define the conversation ids using business ids. These cannot go in xyz.page.xml files, and chances are that they are shared across multiple pages anyway.

I don't know so much about a pages component, but being able to specify one or more pages.xml files would be nice since then you can split out the conversation definitions, the login/logout and exception logic, and maybe even combine the pages.xml info for a set of similarly grouped pages into a single file i.e. :

conversations.pages.xml
common.pages.xml
inventory.pages.xml
contacts.pages.xml