[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - 4N queries for dvdstore admin page/mange orders tab

DavidInTx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 23:51:10 EDT 2007

I played with the jbpm integration this week, and I must say, it is fantastic.  The ease with which I can just @CreateProcess, @BeginTask, and @EndTask is really nice.  There is one thing that could perhaps be improved.  I noticed that when viewing processes and tasks, a large number of queries seem to be run.  As I developed my code after looking at the dvd store example, I went back to that example, and found the same issue there.  In particular, in the dvdstore example, I set the process to 2 (approve all orders) and checked out from the store three different times.  Then on the admin page, I clicked on the "manage orders" tab, and saw the three orders under "Task Assigment", which is where they should be.  31 queries were required to show this tab.  I checked out one more time, and 35 queries were required to show the tab, and after I checked out one more time, 39 queries were needed.

This seems bad.  Would it be possible to modify the dvd store example so that it doesn't run require 4N queries?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068421#4068421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068421