[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JSF Portlet tutorial out of date?

desropolis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 14:48:14 EDT 2007

I have been following the Portlet Tutorials that I downloaded with JBoss Portal 2.6.1 and have hit a snag.  The HelloWorldJSFPortlet should extend a MyFaces portlet.  JBoss AS 4.2.1 ships with Sun's RI, not MyFaces.

I get this error:

14:30:37,096 ERROR [[/helloworldjsfportlet]] Error configuring application listener of class org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener

Looking at the logs I see that Portal DOES use MyFaces, though.  How do I bundle my portlet war to access MyFaces?  Where do I deploy it?

Thanks,
Dean

PS I am using the downloaded jboss-portal-2.6.1.GA.  It bundled JBoss AS (4.2.1?).  I'm not using a db apart from whatever Portal uses OOTB.  SUsE 10.x.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068848#4068848

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068848