[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - allowing users to access server-created files

wesomon99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 15:12:23 EDT 2007

Hello,
I have a JBoss server set up for hosting web applications, which is working great.  However, I need to allow users to access simple .CSV files that the server creates based on the information they provide.  For example, they submit an .XML file, the server does some mumbo jumbo, then they need to be able to download the .CSV file that the server creates.  Because of the way applications are deployed, I cannot figure out how to get the file back to them.  I can save the .CSV files on the local disk, but the users obviously have no access to to this area.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have been struggling with this for a while.

Server info:
Apache HTTP server 1.3
JBoss Application server 4.04
Sun JVM 1.5.0