[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBM and JAAS Client authentication

sibreb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 16:10:58 EDT 2007

I was under the impression that JBoss Messaging worked with the JAAS ClientLoginModule described in the JBoss AS User Guide for remote messaging clients.  I understood this to mean that it would not be necessary to pass a username and password to the connectionFactory.getConnection() method.

This seems to work for sending messages, but not for receiving messages.

I have the DefaultSecurityConfig set to:

  | <security>
  |     <role name="guest" read="false" write="false" create="false"/>
  |     <role name="admin" read="true" write="true" create="true"/>
  | </security>

In the destination queue, the SecurityConfig is set to:

  | <security>
  |     <role name="admin" read="true" write="true" create="true"/>
  | </security>

I have a client that does the following:

1) Perform a JAAS login using the ClientLoginModule
2) Obtain a connection factory from JNDI
3) Obtain a connection (without a username/password)
4) Obtain a transacted session
4) Send 5 messages to DEST
5) Commit the session
6) Set up a consumer for DEST

This fails at step 6 whith message:

  | javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: User: null is not authorized to read from destination DEST
  | at org.jboss.server.container.SecurityAspect.check(SecurityAspect.java:267)

If I obtain the connection with a username and password it works fine.
Can anyone provide any insight?

(Ultimately the intention is to use SSL and client certificates in place of a password)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068881#4068881

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068881