[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Issues with scoped classloader

tnine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 16:31:19 EDT 2007

Hi All,
  I'm receiving strange ClassCastExceptions due to class loader issues in JBoss 4.0.2, I try to turn off parent delegation. According to the post here

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

"Use the following constructs to enabled scoped class loading with the deployment classes overriding the server classes."

I have the following jboss-app.xml

  | <jboss-app>
  | 	<loader-repository>
  | 		statements.purdueefcu.com:loader=statments-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
  | 		<loader-repository-config>
  | 			java2ParentDelegation=false
  | 		</loader-repository-config>
  | 	</loader-repository>
  | </jboss-app>

However, I still receive these errors.  Whenever I run our POJO code in our integration tests, everything works perfectly.  Once I package it up into an ear and deploy in JBoss, I start to see these issues.  Specifically it seems to be a hibernate issue with annotations.  I'm including the annotations version  3.3.0 ga, and hibernate version 3.2.4.sp1.  It seems that either I'm missing a library in the include, or JBoss is not loading my classes first.  Is my jboss-app.xml correct?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068893#4068893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068893