[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Best Seam Development Environment? (Switch from MC to EJ

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 04:22:52 EDT 2007

The bug referred to by trickyvail also affects 4.2 (and most other J2EE App Servers). It is unavoidable (unless you're using JRockit I think - it doesn't have a PermGen space), but can be mitigated by setting your JVM memory settings as per Chapter 2.1 of the Seam ref.

This guy also has a series of useful articles on PermGen that are worth noting:
http://www.alessandroribeiro.com/?q=en/node/39, particularly for monitoring.

I run in exploded deploy and can also recomend the incremental deploy (your non-Entity, non-SFSB, non-SLSB Beans go into WEB-INF/dev and get picked up by magical classloaders). Means you don't have to unexplode if you make changes to Java code. Read chapt 2.7 of the Seam ref.

Cheers,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069048#4069048

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069048